Thursday, March 12, 2009

Answers

Tonight I got to hear Ken Ham speak at Westminster Chapel along with Dr. David Menton. They spoke on behalf of answers in genesis (a website I highly recommend) about Creation, Darwinism, evolution, science, and faith. I haven't felt this exhilarated in a while!

My major requires a lot of me. It requires a lot of my time, my effort, severe concentration, but more than that, it requires an attack on my religion most of the time. Every week in Biology I'm taught how this miraculous world was created by an evolutionary process over millions of years. I'm not trying to put down those who believe in evolutionary theory. To be honest, if we didn't have the Bible to rely on, all we could do is guess what happened based on the evidence we have, as evolutionist have. Both creationists and evolutionist work from the same evidence that science has given us, it is just a matter of what presuppositions you look at that evidence from. Those who believe in the bible interpret science to fit what the bible tells us about history. Those who do not interpret the evidence based on a world void of purpose or a beginning.

Tonight I have retaken up the challenge I have had lately, and my passion has even further been ignited. I bought five books and a magazine (good deals, five for thirty pounds) which is more money than I've spent in any one given place in London to date, but I just had to get these books. Why? Because I am a firm believe than believe or non-believer, we should take a lesson from 1 Peter.

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." (3:15).

So, I urge no, challenge, everyone who reads this to do just that. Find out why you believe what you believe. Look into it. Have a REASON.

On a side note, tonight I really miss home! They kept mentioning America in the talks (both positively and negatively) and I just kept thinking about how much I miss Texas! And even New York! Also, apparently there is a creation museum located in Cinncinati, Ohio? I wonder if its worth checking out...Now i'm looking at pictures from the February Birthdays on facebook and wishing I was there!!

Miss you guys!
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Love the update, Love the pic's, Love you!!!!!

    Also would it be worth it to mail something to you or should I just wait till you get back here to the good ole USA!

    Let me know!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete